[Samba] XP SP2 offline files sync delay (again)

David Black dave at jamsoft.com
Thu Jan 13 17:36:02 GMT 2005

Thought I'd reply to the list with a follow-up:

- If I uninstall my Cisco VPN client software, the delay goes down to 16
sec.  Perhaps a newer version will work better with SP2.

- My PDC and backup PDC are dual-homed, and the client is (erroneously)
trying to contact each one of their private interfaces, with 4 second
timeouts - hence the 16 sec delay above.  I logged this on my firewall.

I'm going to post separately about dealing with a multi-homed situation.

Dave