[Samba] Samba on Snap

ALLEN, David David.ALLEN at eur.crowncork.com
Wed Jan 12 14:49:57 GMT 2005

Hi,

We have a snap server 4400 which is running Samba and which we have
successfully added to our Samba domain which is running on a Sun. However,
when we save a file on the Snap server, the unix owner/group are set
incorrectly to the values 20111 and 20002. A file saved on the Sun server
has the correct unix owner/group.

Consequently, the file save on the snap server cannot be edited at the unix
level by the same user who created it on the PC!

Does anyone know why this is and how we might correct it?

We are not running winbindd on the Sun server, but we are on the Snap (the
default). Could this be the cause?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

David