[Samba] Re: shifting samba machine

Chris Lawder chris at number41media.com
Mon Jan 10 20:57:22 GMT 2005

When I moved our Samba PDC to a new box I found the following helpful

http://ftp.uoi.gr/mirror/net/samba/docs/htmldocs/Samba-BDC-HOWTO.html

The section "How do I set up a Samba BDC?" explained to me how to
properly move the private/MACHINE.SID.

My PDC was a freeBSD system so the system passwd, group type files were
moved as per this posting I found...

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-February/036123.html

Using those two docs I was able to get the new system running as the PDC.

Hope this helps

Chris

--

Number 41 Media Corporation