[Samba] SAMBA and Windows 2003 Appliance Server

Jon Morgan jon at shadetreetechnologies.net
Sun Jan 9 06:47:25 GMT 2005

I have a Redhat Linux Server running SAMBA and Windows 2003 NAS running Appliance server.  What I would like to do is move my data to the NAS but use SAMBA to provide the shares.  The problem that I'm running into is that the users can see the data but can't write to it since Windows isn't aware of the user.  How can I make this work?  Right now I am mounting a drive to the Windows share and then sharing that mount point from the Linux box.  What am I doing wrong?  (Outside of using Windows 2003 for the NAS)  Ideas?
Thanks,
jon