[Samba] HOW TO ADD PLUS A HARD DRIVE INTO A SAMBA SERVER?

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Wed Jan 5 16:41:36 GMT 2005

>with a 20Gb hard drive and I´d like to add
>a new HD with 80Gb... Do you know how to put it without reinstalling
>(keeping the old HD with the system and creating a extention of the
>old one with this new HD) ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Eduardo

Since Samba is runing exclusively (at least to my knowledge) on *nix
boxes, adding more HDDs is not a problem at all, since Samba is sharing
directories based on their path, simply partition, fromat, mount your
new hard drive to a temporary mountpoint, move your data to that point,
unmount it, then mount it to the final (now empty) place, and you are
finished.
To get a more detailed answer, we would need more details about your
setup: smb.conf and fstab, and what would you like to move to the new disk.

Cheers,

Geza