[Samba] Re: a question about acl's... [solution]

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue Jan 4 15:33:05 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 02:01, Xavi León wrote:
> Spike wrote:
> > Xavi,
> >
> >  Did you try it out?  I tried it at our site and it didn't appear to
> > work.
> >
> > spike
>
> yes, i tried and it works, with windows and linux clients. Do you have
> looked arround permissions of the folders?
>
> I have all the folders with root.admin permisions (root and group admin) to
> rwx and other with no permissions (this in server side -> linux with samba)
> Then, If i want a group to see a folder i grant the access in rwx mode for
> this group with acl's.
> I supose it's the problem, the correct permissions. I hope you will get
> working it!

Did you mount the file system with ACL and EA support?

Example:
	mount -o rw,acl.user_xattr /dev/sdc6 /mnt

If the kernel has ACLs support and the file system has been mounted with ACLs
enabled, AND Samba has been linked with the libacls library there will be
ACLs support. If you miss any of these steps there will be NO ACLs support.

Cheers,
John T.
--
John H Terpstra