[Samba] samba 3 performance

Kaplan, Marc marc_kaplan at adaptec.com
Fri Feb 25 16:32:26 GMT 2005

Yes, I get more than 30MB/s performance. The benchmark I use (NetBench)
is essentially CPU bound, such that a faster processor = faster
performance. With a very fast hardware config (dual 3.2GHz processors),
I've been able to hit around 100MB/s. Changing the RAM or other
attributes does not buy me much, it seems that processor power is the
bottleneck (at least in my case).

When doing your speed test, monitor the CPU utilization for smbd, and
see if it's at 100% of your linux server.

		-Marc

Alexander