[Samba] Re: "Delayed Write Failed" and other similar errors on Windows machines

Michael J. Welch, Ph.D. mjwelchphd at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 23 09:32:30 GMT 2005

Günter,

I got the ethereal capture files under Samba, one without the "Delayed Write
Error," one with, and one using Windows File server for reference.

You can get them at ftp://chata.dyndns.org/DelayedWrite.zip

Please see the readme.txt file. I got a big surprise when I examined the
capture files.

I imagine you speak German. I speak English, French, and Spanish. As far as my
German goes, "Ich habt Deutsch ein der hochschule gelernt, aber ich habt
alles vergessen." Désolée monsieur.

I hope this is useful--I spent some long hours preparing it.

-- Mike

--
Mike

Michael J. Welch, Ph.D.
mjwelchphd at adelphia.net or mjwelchphd at ekgreaders.com

La perfection est atteinte
non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter,
mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
--Antoine de Saint Exupery

(Perfection is achieved
not when there is nothing more to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away.)

Please, always remember, a parrot is not merely a pet.
It is a child from another world.
-- Bill Kiesselbach.