[Samba] locking limit errors with Peachtree

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Fri Feb 18 20:20:18 GMT 2005

Andrew Gaffney wrote:

> In the samba domain I admin, one of the computers runs the Peachtree
> accounting software. Today, McAfee antivirus was installed on that box
> (not my doing) and now Peachtree keeps giving "Locking table limit
> reached" errors. Is this an error from samba, Windows, or Peachtree?
> Is there a limit to the number of file locks samba can grant at one time?

I'd be willing to bet that the error message is actually 'Lock Table
Full'.  This is a peachtree error.   I can't tell you what caused it
specifically, because we dropped peachtree, but it is definately
Peachtree.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322