[Samba] REPOST: smbcacls question

Herb Lewis hlewis at panasas.com
Fri Feb 18 01:45:52 GMT 2005

you don't say what version you are running so the syntax may be different
than my version. type smbcacls --help to get syntax.

There is definitely something wrong with your command as the -d option
is used to set the debug level and takes a number for the arg. also you need
a UNC share name and then the file name in the current versions.

So for the current version to list the acls on file xxx at share named
//server/share using the user administrator you would type

smbcacls //server/share xxx -U administrator