[Samba] ldap support error msg

Braden Bill Bill.Braden at thomson.net
Thu Feb 17 21:52:53 GMT 2005

On Mon Aug 23 20:53:08 GMT 2004, Talwar, Puneet (NIH/NIAID) PTALWAR at
niaid.nih.gov
<mailto:samba%40lists.samba.org?Subject=%5BSamba%5D%20ldap%20support%20e
rror%20msg&In-Reply-To=> wrote:

HI,

I am trying to install the latest version of Samba on Solaris 9 x86
platform
and I am getting this error message that it needs libldap.

I thought my default Solaris 9 installs Libldap.  Please let me know if
someone has been able solve this problem.

checking for ldap_set_rebind_proc... yes
checking whether ldap_set_rebind_proc takes 3 arguments... 3
checking for ldap_initialize... no
configure: error: libldap is needed for LDAP support

Did anyone have an answer to this?  I am having the same problem.  I
have Solaris 9, Sparc with OpenLDAP installed.  Thanks.

-- Bill Braden
   Systems Administrator
   Thomson/Grass Valley Group
   E-mail - bill.braden at thomson.net