[Samba] My Documents folder and roaming profiles.

Håkan Slättman Hakan.Slattman at stat.su.se
Thu Feb 17 14:28:28 GMT 2005

>I suppose basically my question is: Is there anyway to get Windows to copy
>the profile but exclude the 'My Documents' folder?

Maybe you can find your answer at:
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsNT/RegistryTips/Disable/Disablecachingofroamingprofiles.html

There hou can read:

If you want roaming profiles to not include certain folders, you can
exclude them. Excluding internet temporary files, cookies, and outlook
files can keep the roaming profile small. To exclude folders

Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
Name: ExcludeProfileDirs
Type: REG_SZ
Value: Temporary Internet Files;Cookies;Recent;History;Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

List as many folders in the profile you want to exclude. Separate them with
the ;

/Håkan Slättman