[Samba] Cannot create Symlinks on samba-share

Gut Nisdorf gutnisdorf at gmx.de
Thu Feb 10 19:14:20 GMT 2005

hi,

i am using smbfs filesharing between 2 SuSE 9.2 linux-machines.
Everything is working fine except I cannot create symlinks on the
machine with the smbfs mounted:

//172.30.9.33/imp64      /imphome/imp64             smbfs
auto,credentials=/etc/samba/imp64.pwd,gid=
imp64,uid=imp64 0 0

ln -s target link  says "Operation not allowed".

Existing symlinks are shown as plain directory, are accessable but not
removable.

I can create, change and delete files and directories.

smb is configured with defaults.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong here?

Jürg Gloor