[Samba] Firewall piercing - The Specified network name is no longer available.

JLB jlb at twu.net
Thu Feb 10 05:11:07 GMT 2005

Please read my points on this sort of "solution" in the past. The whole
REASON I want to use Plain Vanilla SMB is so I can walk up to ANY Windoze
machine on the entire flippin' Internet and go:

Start
Run
\\IP_ADDRESS\sharename
(username)
(password)

POOF.

If I have to install anything, the whole point is moot.