[Samba] 3.0.11 - configure can't see ldap.h

Mike samba at phivegills.com
Mon Feb 7 20:13:32 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Did you export the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS variables before
> running configure ?

Yes I did but it still fails though in a different way.  I broke your
compile script down to a simple form and this is what I found to be the
cause. If I set & export CPPFLAGS, configure will fail with this:

# CPPFLAGS="/usr/src/openldap-2.2.23/include"
# export CPPFLAGS
# ./configure
SAMBA VERSION: 3.0.11
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

> What does the failure look like in the config.log ?

Here is a relevant snippit:

configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:2118: error: C compiler cannot create executables

Do you need to see the whole thing?

--
Regards,

Mike