[Samba] Why Windows sucks.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Feb 5 01:55:21 GMT 2005

The most eloquant rant on Windows I've read for a long long time....

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2005/02/04/notes020405.DTL

"There is nothing else like this phenomenon in the entire consumer culture. If
anything else performed as horribly as Windows, and on such a global scale,
consumers would scream bloody murder and demand their money back and there
would be some sort of investigation, class-action litigation, a demand for
Bill Gates' cute little geeky head on a platter."

Maybe people are finally starting to wake up on this. My 77 year old
Mum has been running on Linux now for 2 years - I only set her up
with an Internet account once I'd moved her over. I remote manage
it from here (Cupertino, CA - USA). She never has any problems. I
don't think she knows what a virus is :-).

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but something in this rant
struck a chord.

Jeremy.