[Samba] "ldap passwd sync" not working

Alexander Zubkov green at sectorb.msk.ru
Sat Feb 5 00:32:07 GMT 2005

Hi.
I've samba-3.0.11 now, installed from rpm on Redhat 9.0. Problem was
with 3.0.10 too. I don't exactly know when it was broken, because I
found it week ago.
I've samba as PDC with LDAP backend some time ago when user changes
password in windows or when password chenged with smbpasswd - LDAP
password of this user was changed too. Now LDAP passwords remains the
same as it was.
Configure files wasn't changed - only adding/removing some shares,
testparm shows "ldap passwd sync = yes".
I've searched this list a while and found only one mail, said that it
was broken there when upgrading from 3.0.7 to 3.0.9, but there was no
answer: http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-January/098466.html
Any ideas what is broken?

----
Alexander Zubkov