[Samba] Removing printer drivers?

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Thu Feb 3 14:32:53 GMT 2005

Hi,
Like Gerald said, using the tdbtool is the way to go.
Something like this.
tdbtool /var/lib/samba/ntdrivers.tdb
Then with dump find the keys for your printers.
The ones with W32X86 are for W2K/XP
The ones with WIN40 are for WNT/9x/Me
Example:
If you wish to remove the win98 drivers for the printer prn1, you would have
to look for something like DRIVERS/WIN40/0/prn1
and then
delete DRIVERS/WIN40/0/HPLJ022
Note: If the printer names has spaces you must escape it with \

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Bruno Guerreiro