[Samba] libiconv.so.2 is not found in archive

Neil Loffhagen Neil.Loffhagen at mon.bbc.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 17:08:02 GMT 2005

Hi,

Have just spend the afternoon browsing and trying to find the solution to
this error.  We are running AIX 4.3.3, release 10.  I'm trying to get Samba
up and running.  It seems to install okay using smitty, at least all the
directories appear with the various samba files in them.  Though no smb.conf
is created.  I thought a default one would be created?  I'm coming from a
mainly Linux background where that happens.  Maybe Unix is slightly
different?

Anyway when I try to run anything related to samba get the following error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./testparm because of the following
errors:
        0509-150   Dependent module /usr/lib/libiconv.a(libiconv.so.2) could
not be loaded.
        0509-152   Member libiconv.so.2 is not found in archive

I've found several mails and newsgroup posts about this, but with no real
solution.

Is there a way round this?

Thanks,

Neil.