[Samba] Samba printing fails for Windows clients, was working, now fails...

activity superstore activitysuperstore at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 10:55:21 GMT 2005

Hi all

The printing via Samba+Cups has stopped working. I'm
using Mandrake 10.0 Official as a Samba server for
file sharing and printing on a Windows network.
Printing from a WindowsXP client to the Samba server
now fails and I don't know why it has suddenly
stopped, it used to work. File sharing still works
okay.

There are on no errors logged on the Linux Samba box,
the Windows application you try to print from just
says "not responding". I have used Knoppix as a client
and the printing works from Samba, so it is just a
Windows client to Linux Samba issue, but I can't
figure it out.

Any ideas?

Samba version samba-server-3.0.2a-3mdk
Kernel 2.6.3-4mdk
Mandrake 10.0 official

Here is my smb.conf,

---- smb.conf ----
# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = PHOTO-CDWRITER
server string = Samba Server %v
security = SHARE
map to guest = Bad User
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
dns proxy = No
invalid users = root
printer admin = @adm
hosts allow = 192.168.

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
read only = No
browseable = No

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
create mask = 0700
guest ok = Yes
printable = Yes
print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r # using
client side printer drivers.
browseable = No

[print$]
path = /var/lib/samba/printers
write list = @adm, root
inherit permissions = Yes
guest ok = Yes

[PDFprint]
path = /pdfshare/pdfs
force user = nobody
read only = No
guest ok = Yes

[pdf]
path = /tmp
guest ok = Yes
printable = Yes
print command = /usr/bin/printpdf %s
lpq command =
lprm command =

[EpsonC64]
comment = Colour printer
path = /var/spool/samba
read only = No
create mask = 0700
guest ok = Yes
printable = Yes
print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r # using
client side printer drivers.
printer name = EpsonC64
oplocks = No
share modes = No