[Samba] OT: NIC

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Tue Dec 20 13:11:28 GMT 2005

Eric Hines wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to add a network interface card to my SUSE 9.3 box, and I'm
> not having much luck with a US Robotics version.  What manufacturer do
> any of you use in your machines--either 10/100MB or GigE NIC?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric Hines
>
> There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the
> vast majority by adequate governmental action.
>         --Bertrand Russell

HANDS-DOWN: Intel... never had nor used a better supported, more stable nor
higher performing card than intel. Stick to the EtherExpress Pro lines, ie
EtherExpress Pro 100/B PCI card for 10/100 - supported by almost any O/S right
out of the box - even Win95 doesn't need a driver for it, I have suse/amd64 here
using 4 of them in a box - works great :)

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com
Windsor Match Plate & Tool Ltd.