[Samba] Enumerate computers in WG/domain

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Fri Dec 16 08:10:20 GMT 2005

Hi Michael,
I've been looking at those to commands but unfortunately they are
somewhat incomplete.
Instead I wrote my on little C module that uses libsmbclient. If you
input smb://WORKGROUP to the smbc_opendir functions it will retrieve
all computers. You can also specify how many local or master browsers
it will query for this info. Other commands only asks the first one
and can then miss some workgourps or computers (I can enumerate all
workgroups by only supply smb://)   =)

Thanks anyway!

Cheers,
Henrik