[Samba] Samba DMB "loses" machines in the Network Neighborhood

Evan Hein evan.hein at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 02:42:54 GMT 2005

All the other machines on our network are XP Home or Professional; there
aren't any other "server" class machines. My understanding is that with the
'os level' set so high, there should be any way for another machine to gain
master and cause Samba to overwrite its list. The logs show the Samba DMB
gaining master for the workgroup in question - it seems to be working - but
then, nothing.