[Samba] Domain Logins and PDC local logins

Jesse Spangenberger jesse at oceanlodge.biz
Mon Dec 12 16:41:14 GMT 2005

1) Is there a way to restrict Domain users in a Samba-3 domain logging into
a Samba PDC?

2) Along the same lines, for SuSE 9.2 is there away to hid the user list on
the log-in screen?

3) Per question 1 and another thread I started (which has disappeared cause
I cannot find it now), For my domain I can use either PDC\username with PDC
being the name of my server and Domain\username.  Also running Ethereal I
can see that I get PDC<1C> and Domain<1C>.  Not sure why I am getting the
computer name boardcasted as a domain name.  This is an on going annoyance.
Heh.

Currently not running winbindd, LDAP, or DNS on the server -- plan to at
least get DNS up to further stop netbios broadcasting.

thanks