[Samba] netlogon problems

Michael Barnes mbarnes at hcjb.org
Fri Dec 9 14:47:08 GMT 2005

I just went through all this with my set up.

First, insure the users have the desired group as their PRIMARY group in
both NT groups and Unix groups.  You can verify this by checking the
/etc/passwd list and running 'pdbedit -Lv'.  Change your [NETLOGON]
entry to read 'path = /data/%g'.  In your /data/ folder, create a login
  for each group, i.e. /data/finsvcs/scripts/login.bat;
/data/accounts/scripts/login.bat; /data/others/scripts/login.bat; etc.
Each login would reflect what you want for that group. For example:

/data/finsvcs/scripts/login.bat:
REM Login.bat for Financial Services Members
net time \\lserver0 /set /yes
net use m: \\lserver0\finsvcs
net use x: /home

HTH,