[Samba] Samba PDC with ldapsam - unable to join the domain

Marek Szuba scriptkiddie at wp.pl
Thu Dec 8 17:29:45 GMT 2005

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:29:48 -0700
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> You don't state what settings in smb.conf are for 'security =' and it's
> not clear what you are trying to accomplish with 'net join' command.
Security is set to "user", as it should be in case of a PDC.

> SeMachineAccountPrivilege is for samba 3.0.11 or higher, otherwise you
> would have to have an account with UID=0 to join the domain. You don't
> state which version of samba you are using.
It's 3.0.14a, as packaged by Debian. I kind of expected it would be
obvious from the context that the version I use supports privileges...

To clarify things a bit, enclosed you will find my config files for
Samba itself and smbldap-tools.

--
MS