[Samba] RE: Can connect from Windows 2000 but not Windows XP SP2

Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS) david.billinghurst at comalco.riotinto.com.au
Tue Aug 23 01:15:23 GMT 2005

This is another follow up to:
 - http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-August/109727.html
 - http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-August/109861.html

> I have been running samba-2 for many years under irix using
> security = server and authenticating against Windows domain
> controllers.
>
> I am now trying to install samba3 on a Redhat EL 3.0 x86_64 machine,
> essentially duplicating the existing setup.  I find that I can
> connect successfully from a Windows 2000 server but not from
> (two) windows XP workstations.
>
> First I tried the redhat samba-3.0.9-1.3E.3.x86_64.rpm that
> came with the system, but I have reproduced the problem
> with smbd version 3.0.20rc2 compiled from source.

I have now built and installed samba-2.2.12 and samba-3.0.20 on
the RHEL3 x86_64 server.  Using the same smb.conf file given earlier:

Client			Server
		samba-2.2.12	samba-3.0.9		samba-3.0.20
win2k		OK			OK			OK
winXP SP2	OK			fails			fails
smbclient	OK			OK			fails

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not an authorised recipient, the copying or distribution of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited and you must not read, print or act in reliance on this e-mail or attachments.
This notice should not be removed.