[Samba] Binding to Tun0 device

Lonnie lonnie at outstep.com
Fri Aug 19 04:00:29 GMT 2005

Hello all,

We have a few aliased Ethernet addresses on our server and if I do not
use the Bind statement in the "Global" section then the NMBD seems to
try to bind to all of the addresses.

We are actually using OpenVPN which make the connections just fine on a
172.16.x.x subnet to "tun0" device.

The problem is that Samba does not seem to find the tun0 device and
reports that there are no network cards available if I use the:

Bind Interfaces Only = True
Interfaces tun0 172.16.0.1

How can I just bind Samba to the tun0 device?

Also, with my home machine on the 192.168.x.x subnet and can see another
Samba server just fine in the "WORKGROUP" but I cannot see the workgroup
on the 172.16.x.x subnet through the VPN connection.

Any ideas on how to be able to see the other workgroup as well?

--
Cheers,

Lonnie Cumberland
OutStep Technologies Incorporated