[Samba] Move Samba to another server

Kit Gerrits kit at gerritsaa.nl
Thu Aug 18 20:15:21 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I am intending to install a new server and migrate all my data to it (the
server was severely underpowered and the O/S needed to be upgraded anyway).

Now, I need to move the user database and Samba Server.

I can easily move the data and (kinda) re-create the users, but I don't know
what data needs to be migrated to the new server?
It would be nice to migrate things like Profiles, et al.
Would it be better to create a new domain or should I build the new server
next to the old one.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kit