[Samba] windows nt 4.0 workstation can not load server profile fromsamba

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Mon Aug 15 13:02:46 GMT 2005

Hi, I just found out i have the same problem.

i also notised, when you logoff from Workstation A
then login on workstation B, the logon takes ages.
and the userprofile is not kopies from the server.

Greetz Louis

my rights on /home/samba/profiles   ( 1777 )  Administrator:"Domain Admins"
/snap from smb.conf

## MISC FILES/DIRECTORIES
        nt acl support = yes
        map acl inherit = yes
        dos charset = 850
        unix charset = ISO8859-1
        preserve case = yes
        short preserve case = yes
        case sensitive = no
        directory mask = 0750
        hide dot files = yes
        hide unreadable = yes
        hide files = /desktop.ini
        veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/*.{*}/
        veto oplock files = /*.doc/*.xls/*.mdb/
        dont descend = /proc,/dev,/etc,/lib,/lost+found,/initrd
        create mask = 0644

## MISC OTHER
        mangling method = hash2
        deadtime = 10
        map to guest = Bad User

## MISC PROFILE
        logon script = logon.cmd
        logon home = \\%L\%U
        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
        logon drive = P:

[profiles]
        path = /home/samba/profiles
        comment = Profiel omgeving
        read only = no
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700
        browseable = No
        guest ok = Yes
        profile acls = yes
        csc policy = disable
        # next line is a great way to secure the profiles
        force user = %U
        # next line allows administrator to access all profiles
        valid users = %U
#       nt acl support = yes
        default case = lower
        short preserve case = no