RE [Samba] SFU required ?

eric roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Fri Aug 12 23:04:42 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> spu at corman.be wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>No, for samba ADS member you must just use winbind and
>>idmap mapping.  I suggest you to read the
>>samba-howto-collection and the samba by-example
>>book available on samba website.
>

> Just as a heads up, Samba 3.0.20 will have support to
> utilize the SFU schema for winbindd if you want to.
> It's a new idmap plugin (idmap backend = ad).  And you will
> be able to pull the home directory and shell information
> as well (winbind nss support = sfu).

Another heads up - it looks like W2003 R2 (beta) has the POSIX
attributes already integrated into the schema.  What is even more
noteable, is that my R2 beta version uses the actual RFC 2307 attribute
names, as opposed to "msSFU-30-XXXXXX".  So there is good (finally
using the correct attributes) and bad (they changed their schema).

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard