[Samba] wbinfo -t not working on BDC

Ian Clancy clancyian at cel.ie
Fri Aug 12 17:16:26 GMT 2005

Hi,
I just can't seem to get winbind to work on my BDC. I'm using FC3 and
samba 3.0.20rc2. My PDC is RHEL4 running Samba 3.0.14a. / Openldap.
I can join the BDC to the domain successfully using "net rpc join..." ,
but when i enter wbinfo -t to check the trust relationship i get

checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was  (0x0)
Could not check secret

I placed a packet sniffer on the PDC to see what was happening and
captured the folloing RPM_NETLOGON communication between the BDC and the
PDC (see attached ethereal dump file). It appears to fail when the BDC
looks for an account of the same name as the my domain -  CEL. The
question is , Do i need to create a trust account for my own domain ?.
thanks for reading :)
Ian

--
Ian Clancy