[Samba] kerberos_kinit_password host/SUNDEV@LEXI.COM.MX failed: Client not found in Kerberos database

P V ditirambo_farfulla at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 18:52:23 GMT 2005

   I'm using Solaris 8, samba 3, kerberos and
openldap. I'm anexing: log.smbd, smb.conf, krb5.conf,
nsswitch.conf and the ktpass command in AD.
   Somebody can help me?

   I get this output in log.smbd:
-----------------------------------
[2005/08/11 12:41:45, 0] smbd/server.c:main(802)
  smbd version 3.0.20rc1 started.
  Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team
1992-2004
[2005/08/11 12:41:45, 0]
libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password(146)
  kerberos_kinit_password host/SUNDEV at LEXI.COM.MX
failed: Client not found in K
erberos database
[2005/08/11 12:41:45, 0]
printing/nt_printing.c:nt_printing_init(636)
  nt_printing_init: error checking published printers:
WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

   I've configured smb.conf with this data:

-------------------
  [global]
    # general options
    workgroup = LEXI2K
    netbios name = SUNDEV

    # winbindd configuration
    # default winbind separator is \, which is good if
you
    # use mod_ntlm since that is the character it
uses.
    # users only need to know the one syntax
    # winbind separator = +

    # idmap uid and idmap gid are aliases for
    # winbind uid and winbid gid, respectively
    idmap uid = 10000-20000
    idmap gid = 10000-20000
    winbind enum users = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes
    template homedir = /home/%D/%U
    template shell = /bin/bash

    # Active directory joining
    # "ads server" is only necessary if your kdc
    # can't be located using /etc/krb5.conf --
JamesSpooner
    #
    # Note that more recent Samba versions have
renamed "ads server"
    # to "password server", so if /var/log/messages
reports
    # 'Unknown parameter encountered: "ads server"' on
restart,
    # change 'ads' to 'password' -- ChetHosey
    #
    # ads server = test1.thinclient.test.org
    security = ads
    # encrypt passwords = yes is now default in Samba3
-- Enigma
    encrypt passwords = yes
    realm = lexi.com.mx
    # this handles the "ads server = " directive as
well -- Enigma
    password server = lexidc.flexi.com.mx

[shared1]
comment = Datos compartidos
path = /home/Samba
force user = Administrator
browseable = yes

   The krb5.conf file is this:
-------------
[libdefaults]
        ticket_lifetime = 24000
        default_realm = LEXI.COM.MX
        #default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
des-cbc-md5
        #default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-crc
des-cbc-md5
        forwardable = true
        proxiable = true
        dns_lookup_realm = true
        dns_lookup_kdc = true

[realms]
       LEXI.COM.MX = {
                kdc = lexidc.lexi.com.mx
                admin_server = lexidc.lexi.com.mx
                default_domain = lexi.com.mx
        }

[domain_realm]
        .lexi.com.mx = LEXI.COM.MX
        lexi.com.mx = LEXI.COM.MX
        .lexi2k = LEXI.COM.MX
        lexi2k = LEXI.COM.MX

[logging]
        default = FILE:/var/krb5/kdc.log
        kdc = FILE:/var/krb5/kdc.log
        admin_server = FILE:/var/krb5/kdc.log
        kdc_rotate = {

# How often to rotate kdc.log. Logs will get rotated
no more
# often than the period, and less often if the KDC is
not used
# frequently.

                period = 1d

# how many versions of kdc.log to keep around
(kdc.log.0, kdc.log.1, ...)

                versions = 10
        }

[kdc]
        profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[appdefaults]
        pam = {
                debug = false
                ticket_lifetime = 36000
                renew_lifetime = 36000
                forwardable = true
                krb4_convert = false
        }
------------------------

   The nsswitch.conf is this:
---------------
passwd:     files winbind
group:      files winbind
hosts:      files wins
shadow:     files winbind

    The instruction in the ActiveDirectory Domain
Controller was:
  C:\temp>ktpass -princ
host/sundev.flexi.com.mx at FLEXI.COM.MX -mapuser SUNDEV
-pass password -out sundev.keytab