[Samba] Wins resolution problem

Jonathan Pauli jpauli at istreamimaging.com
Fri Aug 5 19:13:09 GMT 2005

Greetings:

I have succesfully set up samba/ldap/nss_ldap/pam_ldap. I am replacing
an existing samba 3 pdc with it.
My problem is that if the IP of the new pdc is different than the old
one,  even if the old one is off, the network
doesn't see it, or perhaps the new pdc doesn't register properly with
wins. I use nbstat -RR to clear the WINS cache on
a workstation, but a few minutes later the old pdc with the improper IP
is back. What else should I look for to
troubleshoot this? I read the "Making happy users chapter" of the online
samba books, as well as the migration docs, which
say the IPs can be different.

Thanks.