[Samba] domain master list - cross subnet?

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Sat Apr 30 00:07:10 GMT 2005

fre, 29.04.2005 kl. 20.31 skrev Alexander Lazarevich:

> Does anyone, using samba 3 as a PDC master browser on a subnet, see
> other subnet's on the WAN?

Yes.

> For instance, if your subnet is dude.udump.edu, can your samba master
> browse list see the windows domain chick.udump.edu (assuming it exists)?

Yes

> If I just know it's possible, then I know I'm doing something wrong.

It's possible. I don't want any inter-subnet contact whatsoever and it's
all incidental, but domain-1's browser on 192.168.2.0/24 sees the
domain-2's PDC master bowser on 192.168.0.0/24 - both Samba 3.0.11
machines. Both are wins servers.

How? I dunno, they just do. I'd rather they didn't, I don't really want
them to.

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They'll love us, won't they? They feed us, don't they? ...