[Samba] samba 3 performance

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 27 19:00:55 GMT 2005

Hey Darcy,

I'm drooling over your setup. RAID6, way cool.

60MB/sec is double what we are getting. I'm stuck thinking it's some
default XP Pro configuration that's keeping us at 30MB/sec. Did you
have any trouble getting XP Pro above 30MB/sec? Doesn't sound like it.

Anyway, did you enable jumbo frames in your switches and NIC drivers?
Also, in your smb.conf, did you try tweeking with the socket options. such
as:

socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=16384 SO_SNDBUF=16384

Hope that helps, but I doubt it, you probably already tried that stuff.

Alex