[Samba] can't get samba 3.0.14a to work with ldap

rich foo richd2 at ssfs.org
Fri Apr 22 20:08:13 GMT 2005

Thanks, I will check it out.  Mostly I have been using the
"htmldocs/Samba-Guide/happy.html, but things have obviously changed a bit
since that was written
Also, i did realize after my initial post that I had missed the argument
to smbldap-useradd script, but that didn't really solve the major issues I
seem to be having
Thanks,
Rich

>Rich,
>

>Much documentation has been written to help our users. It is always a
>challenge to help them to find it. When they do find it, it is even more
of a
>challenge to get them to help us to improve it so that others will have a
>perfect experience. Just this time, maybe you can help us to perfect our
>documentation.
>

>Please check out chapter 6 of the book "Samba-3 by Example" that is
currently
>>under copy edit before going into print. You can download this from our
web
>site at: http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

>The documentation provides a step-by-step explanation of each file that
must
>be configured to achive a working Samba+LDAP server.

>If any steps fails, please let me know as soon as possible so I can fix
it
>before we lock this in. Thanks.

>PS: When you ran smbldap-useradd you did not include the -a option that
>creates the SambaSAM entries.

- John T.