[Samba] Can't Install Samba 3.0.14a

Eric Hines eehines at comcast.net
Wed Apr 20 02:35:37 GMT 2005

All,

Thanks to all who offered your solutions.  Fortunately, they converged on
one  (rpm -Uvh ...), and it ran just fine.  I followed Paul's advice and
put the four rpms on one line for this.

A couple of fillips to the end game: rpm has a fail safe: I had forgotten
to backup my swat control file; rpm, rather than blithely overwriting it,
simply created swat.rpmnew instead.  I had only to copy that into the
original swat control file.  Then, however, to get SWAT to run (I was
getting a connection refused to localhost:901 error), I had to change
"disable = yes" to "disable = no".

Eric Hines