[Samba] linux client accessing Samba domain

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Mon Apr 18 09:54:54 GMT 2005

man, 18.04.2005 kl. 09.25 skrev Robert Penz:

> I've setup a samba for our windows clients, works all. Then I've setup the
> linux clients to authenticate against it. works also. But I wasn't able to
> find a way to mount the shares on the linux clients.
>
> My problem is that more than one user can use some linux clients so I can't
> make just a static mount via fstab. I need something for every user.
>
> KDE access the servers without any problem, but it requires the
> username/password again.
>
> So I need something to mount some shares which use all and the home
> directory for each user. And I need to mount it in the name of the real user
> (for the permissions) and I don't want to ask a password again.
>
> I've using current Suse 9.2 (KDM and KDE) as client for testing. The server
> is debian sarge.

The whole thing shrieks LDAP (ldapsam backend) and shell scripting using
OpenLDAP tools (but I didn't try anything out for you).

Do you know what I'm talking about?

--Tonni'
--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...