[Samba] still ACL bug in 3.0.14a

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Apr 15 20:15:18 GMT 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:29:58PM +0200, Peter Kruse wrote:
> Tom Schaefer wrote:
> >Sigh.  Good catch Peter but I set up my test environment (Sparc Solaris 8,
> >UFS filesystem) to match what Jeremy used and still have the same
> >problem.
>
> but what permissions do the _files_ have that you can no longer modify?
>

> >User schaefer still can't rename or delete files in the crap directory.
> >
> >How frustrating.  Jeremy we don't do a lot of Linux around here but yes I
> >should be able to cobble a test together.
> >
> >Also, Peter, I know you use Linux and have been seeing these exact same
> >symptoms, but have you actually tried it against 3.0.14a yet?
> >

> to be honest - no.  If you cannot reproduce it, Jeremy, then I will try
> 3.0.14a.

Ah, I didn't know you were not using 3.0.14a. I'm testing against that
release and also the current SAMBA_3_0 SVN and can't reproduce. That does
make sense as I made changes in smbd/posix_acls.c for this very problem
from 3.0.13 (and messed them up in the 3.0.14 original release, that's
why we had to do 3.0.14a).

Jeremy.