[Samba] creating user problems under samba 3

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Fri Apr 15 19:28:53 GMT 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 13:15, Victor Medina wrote:
> Hi all!!
>
> I am using Samba 3 (3.0.4) and SuSE SLES 9. I am having troubles trying
> to create new users and machines accounts on the newly created domain.
> Could somebody answer me why i am receiving this error messages?

The problem could be caused by a large number of possible factors.

Send me the output of: testparm -s

Also, have you followed the Samba documentation? The best document for
comparing your configuration with the official recommendations is the book
"Samba-3 by Exampe" available from Amazon.Com or by downloading from:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

This book is currently being updated. All my test work is done with SLES 9.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member