[Samba] Domain login problem

keith_allen at safeway.co.uk keith_allen at safeway.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 13:33:42 GMT 2005

I have installed a new samba 3.0.11 server everything seemed to be going ok Winbindd is running fine

wbinfo -t
wbinfo -u
wbinfo -g
getent passwd
getent groups

all work correctly
I can perform a chgrp or chmod using a domain user or group.

I have stopped nscd

the problem occurs when I try to issue this command

smbclient -L localhost -Udomain+user

or

smbclient -L localhost -Uroot

I get prompted for a password, which I enter.

I get this error back:-

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Hopefully I am missing something straight forwards, but I have been googling
for days now and I am still unable to resolve. please can somebody point me
in the right direction.
I think it seems to be when it goes off to the PDC to validate the user, I
must have configured something incorrectly, or do I need to change some
default?

Thanks very much
Keith Allen

Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.
If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.
The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in
error or there are any problems, please notify the originator
immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of
this message is strictly forbidden. Opinions, conclusions and other
information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
Safeway unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative
independent of this message.