[Samba] Unable to join samba server to a NT4 style domain

Ashutosh Kamdar akamdar at gnsi.com
Thu Apr 14 07:57:33 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have installed Samba version 3.0.13 on a Solaris 9 machine and am trying to add it to an existing NT domain as a member server. I have followed the instructions in Chapter 2 of the Samba HOW-TO collection for adding a samba server as a Domain member. The problem is that when i use the net rpc join command to join the domain, I get the following error:

# ./net rpc join -U administrator%'xxxxxxxx'

Unable to find a suitable server

Unable to find a suitable server

Specifying the domain name with a -w switch or the PDC doesnt seem to help.

Is there a way for me to see a detailed version of the error message or some log file where this is dumped to? I am posting the smb.conf for reference. Please help  me resolve this error.

Thanks,

Ash

----------------------------------8<----------------------------------
smb.conf