[Samba] File listing problems in 3.0.13

Cale Fairchild cale at brocku.ca
Tue Apr 12 15:16:11 GMT 2005

Over the weekend I upgraded my IRIX servers to 3.0.13 and have found many
strange issues regarding the creation of new folders.

When I attempt to add a new folder through the Windows side I get an immediate
error dialog box stating "You may not be able to access file created in the
folder X:\New Folder."

When I select to continue the folder is created, looking on the IRIX side the
file permissions are good and there is no additional ACL information.

If you go into the folder and create a text file it will create it but it will
not be visible on the Windows side. In fact when you browse through the
directories you can see into any folders except those which were created under
3.0.13. I have reinstalled 3.0.12 and do not see any evidence of these problems
so I was curious if there is any IRIX specific changes that I should look for
that was changed between 3.0.12 and 3.0.13?

I am running IRIX 6.5.20 and 6.5.26, Winodws 2000 and Windows XP.

And configured it with the following options:

./configure 	--cache-file=/dev/null \
                 --prefix=/usr/local/samba \
                 --with-libiconv=/usr/local \
 		--with-acl-support \
                 --without-ldap \
                 --without-ads \
                 --without-python

Although I have also tried it without the ACL support with the same results.

   Cale Fairchild
   Systems Administrator
   Computer Science
   Brock University