[Samba] Linux Users execute 'login scripts'

Bruno Tobias Stella brunostella at trt15.gov.br
Tue Apr 12 14:02:00 GMT 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:31:08 -0500, Paul Gienger wrote:

>Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:
>
>>On Monday 11 April 2005 04:09 pm, Bruno Tobias Stella wrote:
>>

>>>Hello !
>>>
>>>  I have a Samba Server with LDAP(OpenLDAP) authentication and Windows
>>>Workstation that login in domain working all right.
>>>
>>>  Now, I need to configure Linux workstations to log in Samba Server
>>>Domain. The Linux workstatios users are all in LDAP. How do I configure to
>>>execute the 'login script' when a Linux user log in his linux workstation ?
>>>

>>I would go at this a different way.  You are storing loginShell in LDAP,
>>correct?  Then simply create a per-user .bashrc or .login file and put that
>>in their /home directory, preferrably when initially creating the account by
>>means of /etc/skel.  None of the commands are going to be the same as the
>>Windows (or I can't imagine them being), so I think this is your best bet.
>>Of course you would need to make the .bashrc or .login read-only to the user,
>>to prevent him/her changing it.
>>

>Or one could use the global rc file.  I believe it depends on your
>shell, but you would want to start looking at /etc/profile.
>
>--
>Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884

  Ok, but if I configure these rc files, when I execute the mount, I will need to know the
linux user password and I do not want to ask his password again.
  Is there a solution to I get the user password to execute the mount without ask the user
password again ?

  Thanks for helps,

Bruno Stella
brunostella at trt15.gov.br
Setor de Redes - (19) 3031-4165
Secretaria de Informatica
Tribunal Regional do Trabalho da 15a. Regiao