[Samba] NT_Create_AndX

david rankin drankin at cox-internet.com
Mon Apr 11 20:47:59 GMT 2005

> From: "Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org>
>
> Zach Seils wrote:
> | Hi -
> |
> | Is there a way to tell Samba to use the NT_Create_AndX
> | style of commands (vs SMB_COM_OPEN)?
>
> In smbclient ?  Not currently.  The last time I looked
> A month or so ago, the SMBOpen was still hard coded.
> There was an NTcreate&X test in there somewhere but
> it is not used for actually reading/writing files.

    Jerry, is there any chance that this is related to the MS Office 2003
"file->open" or "file->save" dialog NT_Create_AndX errors I'm getting that
is causing 30 sec delays in changing directories? I still haven't gotten to
the bottom of this, but it is definately Office 2003 related. The users
running Office 2000 do not see any of the delays that the 2003 users do.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN LAW FIRM, PLLC