[Samba] smbpasswd, tdb_fetch_uint32 failed

Nicolas Kowalski Nicolas.Kowalski at imag.fr
Mon Apr 11 10:02:21 GMT 2005

Hello,

Since I upgraded my samba PDC from 3.0.11 to 3.0.13, I have some strange
warnings when changing the passwords with 'smbpasswd' (it works, but
gives these messages):

# smbpasswd <username>
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 4 (maximum password age (seconds since 1970)), returning 0
account_policy_get: tdb_fetch_uint32 failed for field 5 (minimum password age (seconds since 1970)), returning 0

Any idea about it ? Can I safely ignore them ?

Thanks.

PS: the password database is the text smbpasswd file, the
account_policy.tdb file looks just good (not changed since Jun 24 2004).

--
Nicolas