[SAMBA] KDE-Print almost working, directory shares working good.

Chris smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Sun Apr 10 00:07:40 GMT 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 07:15 pm, Pete wrote:
> But that's it.
>
> Nothing else happens.
>
> I am a bit embarrassed about this as using SWAT is supposed to make
> adminstering Samba a breeze, but I'm still unfortunately stuck.
>
> I can't work out why the jobs are being sent to the samba server on
> littlegeek, but nothing is being done with them.
>
> If it helps, here are a couple of screenshots of what is happening :
>
> 1) The queue list on KDE Print Manager :
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alternative.carpark/biggeek_print_manager.png
>
> 2) Some information about the printer I'm sending to :
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alternative.carpark/kde_print_info.png

There's no reason to involve Samba in this process. CUPS should handle this
pretty much on its own. If you point your browser to
http://biggeek:631/printers/ do you see the printers on littlegeek (the same
as http://littlegeek:631/printers/)? All printers should be seen from both
systems if CUPS is set up correctly.