[Samba] Samba-Squid-AD: Error returned 'BH NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED'

fatima riadi ftmriadi at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 7 09:47:20 GMT 2005

 Hi everybody,

 I setup squid-2.5.STABLE9 with samba-3.0.13 to use
 winbind authentication over a Windows 2003 Active
 Directory.
 Web users' authentication from my proxy server box
 succeedes.
 But when a remote user try to authenticate himself,
 authentication failes and Squid return the
 following:
   authenticateNTLMHandleReply: Error validating user
 via NTLM. Error returned 'BH
 NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED'

 I configured samba with (--with-ads --with-ldap
 --with-winbind --with-winbind-auth-challenge).

 And I configure squid with
 (--enable-auth="ntlm,basic"
 --enable-basic-auth-helpers="winbind"
 --enable-ntlm-auth-helpers="winbind").

 I edited my smb.conf and my krb5.conf files to much
my AD domain settings.

 I joined the domain.

 My squid.conf file containes the following:
   auth_param ntlm program
 /usr/local/samba/bin/ntlm_auth
 --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
   auth_param ntlm children 5
   auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
   auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes

   auth_param basic program
 /usr/local/samba/bin/ntlm_auth
 --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
   auth_param basic children 5
   auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web
 server
   auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

   acl authUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED
   http_access allow authUsers
   http_access deny all

 Someone told that this is basicly a samba error.
 Does anyone have an idea?
 Thanks in advance.