[Samba] givenname and email address with smbldap-tools

Jonathan Salomon joni at 2male.com
Wed Apr 6 08:45:06 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I have setup samba / openldap as describes by the idealx howto and as
such I am using the smbldap-tools. However, I would like to add the
givenname and email address fields for all users. What is the best way
to do this? I would prefer continuing to use the smbldap-tools, but I
cannot seem to find a good way to do this. When I try to: $
smbldap-usermod -M testuser at testdomain.net testuser
I get: failed to modify entry: mailLocalAddress: attribute type
undefined at /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-usermod line 470, <DATA> line 283.
And what fields are normally used for the full name within this
smbldap-tools scope? How do people cope with additional/custom field
that are not supported by the smbldap-tools?

Thanks for any hints!

Jonathan